About Me

My photo
was sold to gypsies as a small child for half a tank of gas and a kitten. She was quickly, if not easily, retrieved by her mother after the kitten was revealed to be an Eldrich horror looking for a ride into the nearest metropolitan area to begin wreaking havoc. It's been a bone of contention between Maria and her family ever since, whether the Horror-kitten would've been more or less trouble than she grew up to be.

Friday, October 3, 2008

Storms

I love storms. I love hearing the thunder echo as it rolls over the mountians. I love the sound of the rain pounding against the gravel outside. I love listening to it all with my window open.
When the thunder comes, I have to stop what I'm doing and honor it. I have no choice. When it comes and goes, before the rain hits but the lightening is crashing in the distance and the clouds are creeping across a once sunny sky, the light shimmers throught them like a crystal and breaks apart. The freed colors seek out their partners on earth and make them glow. For a moment, the whole of the world is lit from within, and it glows with a vibrancy that is brighter than the sun.
In the summer, it's beautiful and sad how quickly a storm comes and goes. But all things, be they beautiful or horrifying, pass in their own time and their own way. We carry on too. But when the rain has stopped, I still lie and wait for the thunder.

No comments: