- Maria D'Isidoro
- was sold to gypsies as a small child for half a tank of gas and a kitten. She was quickly, if not easily, retrieved by her mother after the kitten was revealed to be an Eldrich horror looking for a ride into the nearest metropolitan area to begin wreaking havoc. It's been a bone of contention between Maria and her family ever since, whether the Horror-kitten would've been more or less trouble than she grew up to be.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
I fucking hate the Matrix trilogy.
Are we good? Are we clear? Excellent.
If human kind degenerates to angry, arrogant, assholes, I vote that the machines should win. I mean, what is the fucking point if everyone in charge is less animated than the machines?
I could say more, but I won't cuz have I mentioned I'm lazy?
Chose the OTHER Pill,
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)
The cosmos foretells that your ASL final is going to involve a song and dance routine.
Pisces (February 19 – March 20)
Though you constantly bemoan the job which you feel is sucking your soul dry, the stars see that your misery will increase exponentially if you quit said job before the holidays. We’re sure your family is going to have some choice words as well when you couldn’t afford to buy any of them presents.
Aries (March 21 – April 19)
Quit that job which is sucking your soul dry. Your boss is making bootleg copies of ‘Left for Dead 2’ to sell for dirt cheap. Not only is he about but be arrested for it, but he won’t sell you a copy either.
Taurus (April 20 – May 20)
Your professor will give you an A if you become their neighbor on Farmville.
Gemini (May 21 – June 21)
Ever since watching 2012, you’ve had “It’s the End of the World as We Know It” by REM stuck in your head. The stars have no clue how to get it out; they’ve had it stuck in their heads too.
Cancer (June 22 – July 22)
The zombie squirrels are going Christmas caroling. The stars advise you to take advantage of their holiday spirit and ask for the return of your laptop.
Leo (July 23 – August 22)
Any movie you try to see over break will be ruined by Twilight fans screaming in the next theater.
Virgo (August 23 – September 22)
Don’t drink the eggnog. You’ll thank us for the warning later.
Libra (September 23 – October 22)
Why is the rum gone, you ask? You drank it when you were studying for finals.
Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)
Bus #77 will not only drive past you at the stop, but it will drive through a puddle of muddy water and splash you with it. While you stand there, cold, wet, and late for your last final of the semester, take comfort in the knowledge that you’re not the only student they’ve done this to. Or you could imagine the bus driver roasting on an open fire. Whichever makes you feel better.
Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)
The rock hard fruitcake your neighbors gifted to you will come in handy as an escape tool when your significant others parents begin to ask “when are you two going to settle down and give us some grandbabies?’ The front window doesn’t seem too sturdy; try throwing it through that.
Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)
You better watch out. You better not cry. You better not shout, I’m telling you why: the velociraptors are stalking you.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
1. last beverage ✩ Coke Zero
2. last phone call ✩ Mom
3. last text message ✩ Johanna
4. last song you listened to ✩ Life Is a Highway - Rascal Flatts cover
5. last time you cried ✩ September I think
HAVE YOU EVER:
6. dated someone twice ✩ No
7. been cheated on ✩ In a manner of speaking
8. kissed someone & regretted it ✩ No
9. lost someone special ✩ Yes
10. been depressed ✩ From second grade on up
11. been drunk and threw up ✩ No
FIRST THREE FAVORITE COLORS:
12. Sapphire blue
13. Blood red
14. Emerald green
THIS YEAR (2009) HAVE YOU:
15. Made a new friend ✩ No
16. Fallen out of love ✩ You have to love someone first before you can fall out of it
17. Laughed until you cried ✩ Yes
18. Met someone who changed you ✩ Yes
19. Found out who your true friends were ✩ Yes
20. Found out someone was talking about you ✩ Yes
21. Kissed anyone on your FB friend's list ✩ No
22. How many people on your FB friends list do you know in real life ✩ About half, maybe more
24. Do you have any pets ✩ CATS
25. Do you want to change your name ✩ My last name, yes
26. What did you do for your last birthday ✩ Aquarium with friends. Jo brought her loser ex and the rest of us debated throwing him over the balcony into the sting ray tank.
27. What time did you wake up today ✩ 9:00 :D:D:D
28. What were you doing at midnight last night ✩ Dancing
29. Name something you CANNOT wait for✩ December 18
30. Last time you saw your Mother ✩ for a minute last night
31. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life ✩ My middle schools
32. What are you listening to right now ✩ Jo watching TV
33. Have you ever talked to a person named Tom ✩ Yes
34. What's getting on your nerves right now ✩ Lots of things
35. Most visited webpage ✩ Castle Age, Twitter, Livejournal, and Girl Genius online
36. Where do you want to be right now? ✩ Home
37. Nicknames✩ Mo, fish, editor lady
38. Relationship Status✩ Single and unavailable
39. Zodiac sign ✩ Capricorn
40. Male or female? ✩ Female
41. Elementary? ✩ Arbutus
42. Middle School ✩ BATC and Dumbarton
44. Hair color ✩ Ash brown
45. Long or short ✩ Short
46. Height ✩ 5'8"-ish
47. Do you have a crush on someone? ✩ Figments of my imagination
48. What do you like about yourself? ✩ Everything
49. Piercings ✩ Ears
50. Tattoos ✩ Maybe
51. Righty or lefty ✩ Right handed, left footed
52. First surgery ✩ None yet
53. First piercing ✩ Ears
54. First best friend ✩ Samantha? Or was it Jessie?
56. First vacation ✩ Germany
58. First crush ✩ Michael Hatmaker
59. Eating ✩ Souls of the innocent
60. Drinking ✩ Nothing
61. I'm about to ✩ Write
62. Listening to ✩ Windshield wipers
63. Waiting for ✩ Something
64. Want kids? ✩ Yes
65. Get Married? ✩ Dunno
66. Career? ✩ Queen of the world. And maybe a writer but we'll see how things turn out
WHICH IS BETTER?:
67. Lips or eyes ✩ Eyes
68. Hugs or kisses ✩ Hugs
69. Shorter or taller ✩ Taller
70. Older or Younger ✩ People are idiots regardless of age
71. Romantic or spontaneous ✩ Neither
72. Nice stomach or nice arms ✩ Both plz
73. Sensitive or loud ✩ LOUD
74. Hook-up or relationship ✩ Hook-ups
75. Trouble maker or hesitant ✩ A little bit country, a little bit rock and roll
HAVE YOU EVER :
76. Kissed a stranger ✩ Yes
77. Drank hard liquor ✩ Yes
78. Lost glasses/contacts ✩ Yes
79. Sex on first date ✩ Meh
80. Broken someone's heart ✩ Yes
81. Had your own heart broken ✩ Yes
82. Been arrested ✩ No
83. Turned someone down ✩ God YES
84. Cried when someone died ✩ Yes
85. Fallen for a friend ✩ No
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
86. Yourself ✩ If I don't, I'm screwed
87. Miracles ✩ Yes
88. Love at first sight ✩ Sure
89. Heaven ✩ Something like that
90. Santa Claus ✩ Yes
91. Kiss on the first date ✩ Depends on the guy
92. Angels ✩ Yes
93. Had more than one bf/gf? ✩ No
95. Did you sing today? ✩ Not yet, but the day's not over
96. Ever cheated on somebody? ✩ Um, yes? Maybe? Not sure
97. If you could go back in time, how far would you go, and why? ✩ Age 7. It all started to go wrong at age 7
98. If you could pick a day from last year and relive it, what would it be? ✩ December 22-23
99. Are you afraid of falling in love with somebody? ✩ Probably
100. Posting this as 100 truths? ✩ Tragically yes.
Friday, November 13, 2009
Dear Infinity Ward:
Please release a patch or fix that will allow users to utilize party chat in all modes of online gameplay, if only for the sake of your female fans. We shelled out the money for the game, we stayed up all night and missed half a day of work playing it, we write and read reviews and buy MW2 caps for our avatars on the XBox Live marketplace.
Out of respect for us, since, sadly, the majority of the people who play your game online have none, give us back party chat so we can enjoy the wonderful evolution of the online play without being told how unwelcome, ugly, stupid, and useless for anything other than degrading sexual acts we are. Please give us back party chat so we can have tactical conversation with the friends we're playing with, without having to hear how we have no right to be there, no right to play; so we don't have to hear, out of the mouths of sexist, bitter virgins who have clocked months worth of their lives in game time that we are socially defunct and sexually wrong, somehow, for playing.
I would really appreciate it.
Reposted from the original letter by Geek Girl Diva.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
1. Medium: establish the medium in which your story will be told: Live action, Animation, Illustrated novel, Graphic novel, Comic book, Video game, Novel, Theater, etc.
2. Description of the World: Is your world a planet, moon, asteroid, or maybe a comet; is it even in this dimension? does your story unfold on a stage the size of a galaxy or the size of a molecule? Is your world hospitable to carbon-based life forms, are there seasons, does it rain acid?
3. Timeline/History: Create a timeline consisting of at least five major events that contribute to your world being as it is. Wars, Discoveries, Births, etc. Elaborate on eac event; draw from your own experience, but remember to put your bias aside.
4. Storyline: Based on the timeline you created, pinpoint for the intended audience where and when your story takes place. Utilizing your thorough descriptions of such attitudes as Economic status, Energy Sources, Technological Levels, and Political Structures, create a dynamic scenario of circumstances and obstacles for your characters and audience to interact with.
5. Characters: Describe four characters that reflect the environment, time, and circumstances of the world you created. It is important to realize how your world affects your characters in dress attitude, status, etc.
6. Description of Technology: When considering the forms of transport, weapons, and appliances, determine the energy sources which propel these vehicles/devices, and how the energy source dictates their form.
7. Description of Economy: What is the system of exchange: barter, energy, life force, or magic? Is there an economic hierarchy on your world, and how does it inhibit or enhance your characters?
8. Description of Habitat: How do the environment, technology, and economy affect the shape of a home, office, playground, or community in your world?
9. Philosophy/Religion: Do your characters aspire to wealth, power, or spiritual enlightenment? do they worship themselves, the gods, nature, or have no form of spiritual aspiration; how would this affect your world visually?
10. One Sentence Summary: In one sentence, capture all the drama, beauty, strangeness, and passion of your world and characters that you will develop.